Tracy Aviary is now hiring for the following positions:
While the position of Bird Trainer has been filled, we are always accepting resumes for future openings. To apply send resume, cover letter, and references to:
Helen Dishaw, Curator of Bird Training and Education Programs – email@example.com
Relief Veterinary Technician
Tracy Aviary is seeking a part-time relief veterinary technician or veterinary assistant to fill in for our full-time veterinary technician on weekends (Saturday and Sunday 7:30am-4:00pm) and vacations. One weekday also required, preferably Friday or Tuesday. Job responsibilities would include but not be limited to:
- Incoming bird quarantine care (husbandry, diet preparation)
- Treatments, therapies, and husbandry for hospitalized birds
- Evaluation and triage of ill birds
- Assisting veterinarian while on site
- Record keeping and data entry in ZIMS and ZIMS Medical
- Transport of birds to and from offsite vet clinic
- Anesthetic monitoring
- Surgical preparation
- Perioperative monitoring and assessment
- Laboratory duties
- Capture and restraint of various species of birds
1 year previous experience working as a vet tech or a degree in veterinary technology required. Experience with Microsoft Office Programs required. Experience working with birds especially exotic birds is a plus. On the job training will be provided. Valid Utah Driver’s license and a clean driving record are required.
Position is open until filled. Interviews begin immediately.
To apply send cover letter, resume, and 3 professional references to Jennifer Evans - firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.