Tracy Aviary is now hiring for the following positions:
Guest Services Associate
Job Status: Part time, non-exempt
Reporting Relationships: Reports to the Guest Services Manager and/or Assistant Manager
Job Summary: Tracy Aviary seeks a professional to assist in our front desk for admissions, gift sales, and staffing after-hours events. This is a great opportunity to gain experience while working in a fun and dynamic atmosphere. Hours are flexible. This is a part-time position, offering 10 or more hours per week at $8 per hour.
- Greet visitors with a cheerful and courteous attitude. Maintain accurate count of visitors as well as obtaining zip code information
- Assisting with special events
- Cashiering at the admissions gates or gift shop in an accurate manner
- Money handling and reconciliation, proper completion of daily admissions report and deposit detail
- Answering telephone calls/questions or forwarding calls to the appropriate contact
- Monitoring items brought into Tracy Aviary by visitors (do not allow dogs or other pets, large balls, etc.)
- Organization, cleaning and facing products in the gift shop as well as the other Guest Experience areas
- Setting up and/or hosting birthday parties
- Conducting inventory and stocking supplies
- Providing excellent customer service and handling customer complaints professionally
- Selling memberships
Must speak, read, and write English fluently. Must have basic math and computer skills; familiarity with Point-of-Sale systems a plus. Needs to be responsible, reliable, and show up on time and as scheduled.
This position involves lifting heavy supplies, bending, cleaning and occasional carrying of items. Must be able to work flexible hours, holidays, early and late hours, promotional events and other necessary times as needed according to Guest Services schedule.
Disclaimer: This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by an employee within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of an employee assigned to this job.
To Apply: Send resume and contact information for three references to Robbin Daffin, Guest Services Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
While we are not currently seeking new Bird Trainers, we are always accepting applications for future openings.
To Apply: Send cover letter and resume to Helen Dishaw, Curator of Bird Training and Education Programs – email@example.com.
Tracy Aviary Summer Camp Educator
The Bird Programs Department at Tracy Aviary seeks a mature, highly motivated educator experienced with camp facilitation to join its Education Team for a full-time summer seasonal camp facilitator position. This position offers 40 hours per week and pays $9 per hour, and involves preparing for and facilitating Tracy Aviary’s Avian Adventure Summer Camps. Additional duties may include formal and non-formal programs with youth and the general public. Such programs may include tours, interpreting at exhibits and staffing special events. We are seeking candidates who are able to start Tuesday, May 26th, and end no sooner than Friday, August 21st.
- Youth camp and leadership experience
- Demonstrated interest in a career in the field of Education
- Demonstrated interest in nature and ecology
- Effective in working well collaboratively and managing time efficiently
- Highly motivated and innovative, well organized, eager to take on new tasks and meet commitments
- Ability to work full-time for the entire camp season between the beginning of June and end of August.
Additional and Preferred Qualifications:
- A bachelor’s degree in education, natural resources, environmental studies, conservation, biology, zoology or related field from an approved college or university. Applications still working toward a degree will be considered.
- Knowledge about regional birds and avian ecology
- Certification in CPR and First Aid
- Skills in presenting to mixed groups
- Food Hander’s Permit
- Proficiency in word processing, layout and editing
- Familiarity with learning assessment tools and strategies
Position available starting May 26 2015. Open until filled. Applications are being accepted immediately. No telephone calls, please.
To Apply: Send a cover letter, resume and contact information for three references to Jenn Waterhouse, Bird Programs Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.